But similar to other digital data, pictures are also prone to loss or deletion from hard disk due to known or unknown reasons. Sometimes, you or other might be the victim of picture loss from hard drive thus you should know how to recover pictures from hard drive. Anyhow, now its possible to recover images from hard drive which has been deleted or lost due to any reason. In this era of digitization, technical experts have developed tool to recover pictures from hard drive. Digital Media Recovery is one of them which is highly used and recommended due to its outstanding features. It can recover images from formatted CF card and other storage devices as well. It does not modify any data while recovering pictures from hard drive as it performs read only operation. Before going in detail about the recovery process, let’s see some scenarios where images can be lost or deleted from hard drive.
Some scenarios due to which pictures can be deleted or lost from HDD
- Accidental Deletion: There may be some unwanted picture which you want to delete. While deleting such images, you may accidentally choose some of your important photos and perform delete operation.
- Unintentional Format: If you are using external storage device to transfer file or picture, you may have seen error message like device has not been formatted, do you want to format it now. In such case, you have to format your storage device to make them accessible. As a result, images will be lost from storage device; same thing is true with your PC HDD.
- Virus Attack: Viruses are unwanted programs which always try to modify existing programs and files. Sometimes, they may delete picture and other stored files from the hard drive.
- Interruption While Transferring Pictures: Any interruption while transferring images such as abrupt ejection of external storage device to which or from images are being processed may lead to deletion of images.
- Other Reasons: Despite of above mentioned reasons, there are more causes due to which pictures may go missing or gets deleted from hard drive such as trying to store images when there is less space in hard drive, bad sectors, file system corruption, anti-virus scan, etc.
Significant features of Digital Media Recovery software
Digital Media Recovery tool having inbuilt powerful algorithm which scan entire hard drive and recovers pictures from it within few eye blinks. It can be used to recover lost photos from cameras of different brands such as Samsung, Nikon, Canon, Fujifilm, Sony, etc. It can retrieve photo files from hard drive and other USB storage devices such as pen drive, memory card, external hard disk, memory stick, etc. This app can restore pictures from hard drive even after emptying recycle bin. This software is capable to recover all media files including images, videos and audio files. Its simple GUI enables you to recover images from hard drive as an expert without any difficulty. Recovered pictures can be previewed and stored in any desired location or other external storage device. This software is available in two versions for Windows and Mac to carry out picture recovery from hard drive on Windows and Mac machines.
Procedure to recover pictures from hard drive:
Step 1: Install and launch the software. After launching, select "Recover Photos" option from the main screen of Digital Media recovery tool. Select "Recover Deleted Photos" or "Recover Lost Photos" option from the next screen.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Now, select the drive from which you have deleted or lost pictures, then click on next button.
Fig 2: Select Drive
Step 3: After finishing recovery process, you can view the list of recovered images in "File Type View" or "Data View".
Fig 3: Preview Recovered Pictures